Coming into Hyannis for the holidays? Check out the special events and things to do during your visit to enhance the magical holiday season in Cape Cod!
8th Annual Glassblowers’ Christmas
November 13 – December 20
See one-of-a-kind ornaments at the 8th Annual Glassblowers’ Christmas at the Sandwich Glass Museum! These glass pieces capture the magic of the holiday season and are on display on the Christmas trees in the Contemporary Gallery.
The Garden Club of Hyannis Presents: An All New Holiday Showcase
November 16 – 18
Visit the Cultural Center of Cape Cod and travel around the world to see how the holidays are celebrated in Tuscany, Paris, China, Canada, the Netherlands, and more at the Holiday Showcase!
November 24 – December 30
On weekends starting November 24 check out Gardens Aglow at the Heritage Museums & Gardens in Sandwich, MA. Explore the 12 miles of holiday lights, roast marshmallows, tell Santa what you want for Christmas, join the fun at the reindeer scavenger hunt, or indulge in holiday treats at the Magnolia Café!
Spectacle of Trees
November 26 – December 9
Head over to the Cape Cod Mall and get your “tree bucks,” and enter them into the raffle at your favorite holiday tree at the Spectacle of Trees! Each tree is sponsored and decorated by a Cape Cod non-profit and is on display from November 26 – December 9. Raffle tickets support a variety of charities and non-profit organizations!
Falmouth Holidays by the Sea Weekend
December 1 – 3
Watch Santa’s arrival into the Falmouth Harbor, see the Village Green light up, and hear carolers as you stroll the streets at this family-friendly holiday event!
Hyannis Christmas Stroll & Harbor Lighting
Have breakfast with Santa, take a horse-drawn carriage ride, see amazing ice sculptures, skate around the ice rink, and watch the boat parade at the Harbor at the Hyannis Village Christmas Stroll on the first Saturday of December!
Yarmouth Port Christmas Stroll
From 1 – 4 p.m., walk around Yarmouth Port to see Santa, enjoy some shopping, and delicious holiday treats! The tree lighting ceremony is at 4:15 p.m. on the village green.
Festive things to do
Besides the variety of holiday events, there are plenty of things to do around Cape Cod over the holiday season!
- Ride the Polar Express: All aboard the Cape Train as you head to Christmas Town where Santa and his elves hop on the train to hand out presents! During the ride, you’ll also be served some hot chocolate and cookies. Get in on the fun by wearing your pajamas, ugly sweaters, or holiday-themed outfits.
- Go sledding: Bring a sled and hit the slopes for some sledding around Cape Cod! Check out these top 10 spots for a great ride!
- Shopping: Get some unique holiday gifts as you shop in Hyannis or any of our surrounding towns over the holiday season.
- Visit the museums: Cape Code is home to some fantastic museums like the John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, the Cape Cod Highland Lighthouse & Museum, or the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, and they’re ready for you to explore over the holiday season!
- Talk a walk along the beach: OK, so you might not need your swimsuit but you can still enjoy a walk along the beach or catch a beautiful sunset with your special someone.
- Warm up: Get some delicious and hot clam chowder from Hyannis’ Black Cat Tavern! Or you could opt with their lobster bisque, pan seared crab cakes, fried calamari, or really anything off their menu for a great feast!
Cape Cod is a wonderful place to spend the holiday season but it’s also a great destination to gift to someone on your holiday list! Give the gift of travel this year with a gift certificate to Hyannis Holiday Motel so your friends and family can experience a Cape Cod getaway!