Come explore endless things to do in Cape Cod
You cannot be bored on a vacation here with an almost unlimited list of Hyannis, Cape Cod attractions and things to do. Hyannis Holiday Motel’s convenient location right across from the docked island ferries makes it an ideal starting point for exploring Hyannis.
Whether you stay in town to discover the history or soak up the scenery or jump aboard a cruise to journey to nearby islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, it’s easy to fill your day with fun and adventure in Cape Cod. Start creating your travel plans with the links below to regional attractions or to find more information on things to do in the area.
Cape Cod Museums
- Cape Cod Children’s Museum
- Cape Cod Highland Lighthouse & Museum
- Cape Cod Maritime Museum
- Cape Cod Museum of Art
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History
- Cultural Center of Cape Cod
- Falmouth Museums on the Green
- Heritage Plantation
- JFK Museum
- Pilgrim Monument & Provincetown Museum
- Plimoth Plantation
- Sandwich Glass Museum
- Thornton W. Burgess Society Museum
- Whydah Pirate Museum & Sea Lab
Cape Cod Family Fun
Visitors of all ages love Cape Cod and it’s easy to see why with the wide variety of family-friendly attractions and venues in the region. New England’s Cape Cod beaches are considered among the best in the world, Cape Cod offers many beautiful sandy beaches for you and your family to enjoy. The Nantucket Sound waters are much warmer, approaching 75 degrees in the summertime which attracts beach-goers who prefer warm water beaches. Nantucket Sound is best for windsurfers. The surfboarders and body surfers who prefer the high surf will seek the outer Cape Cod beaches know as the National Sea Shore.
- Barnstable County Fair
- Skull Islands Sports World
- Bicycling on Cape Cod
- Cape Cod Baseball League
- Hyannis Harbor Hawks
- Cape Cod Beaches
- National Sea Shore Park
- Cape Cod Rail Trail
- Duck Mobiles
- Hyannis Golf Club
- Putter’s Paradise West Yarmouth
- Ryan Family Amusement Centers
- Water Wiz of Cape Cod
- Woods Hole Historical Museum
Cape Cod Tours & Excursions
Get to know Cape Cod and the surrounding islands and towns with a guided tour! From cranberry bogs to vineyards, there’s always something new to learn about or see in the area. Our Cape Cod hotel is near the Cape Cod Railroad, Boston’s CapeFlyer, Nantucket ferry, Martha’s Vineyard ferry, Main Street Hyannis MA, Cape Cod baseball and so many other great attractions to make your Cape Cod vacation a very memorable one.
- Beachcomber Seal Watch
- Cape Cod Cranberry Growers Association
- Cape Cod Winery, Inc.
- Ocean Quest
- Salt Pond Areas Bird Sanctuaries
- Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Arts Sand Dune Tours
- Monomoy Island Ferry Seal Watch
- Cape Cod Baseball League
- Cape Cod Beer
- Cape Cod National Seashore Park
- Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory
- Cape Cod Railroad
- Cape Cod Scenic Tours
- Chatham Lighthouse
- Explore Cape Cod Massachusetts
- Highland Lighthouse
- Hy-Line Hyannis port Harbor Cruises
- Hy-Lines Cape Cod Canal Cruise
- Lighthouse Map & Tour
- Mass Audubon Society
- Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge
- Nauset Lighthouse
- Nickerson State Park
- Nobska Lighthouse
- Osprey Sea Kayak Adventures
- Pairpoint Crystal Co.
- Pirate Adventures of Cape Cod
- Race Point Lighthouse
- Rail Trail Bike & Kayak
- Truro Vineyards of Cape Cod
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
Maritime Nautical Information
It’s no secret our seaside location is a major draw for tourists but these companies give you a closer look at the waters surrounding us and the lighthouses that guided ships our way.
- Cape Cod Tide Information
- New England Maritime School
- Coast Guard Station and Buoy Reports
- Cape Cod Canal Currents
- Woods Hole Currents
- New England Lighthouses
Nantucket & Martha’s Vineyard Island Ferries
Hop on a ferry to visit the famous Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket. Learn about Nantucket’s whaling history or visit the lighthouses on Martha’s Vineyard on an easy day trip from Hyannis. Please check each site for an updated ferry schedule and rates.
Visitors of all ages are captivated by our whales and dolphins on these cruises. You’ll have the chance to spot humpback and fin whales on these tours and some dolphins and porpoises. Many of these companies also highlight the importance of whale safety and the work of regional sanctuaries to protect our mammals.
Reel in the fun with a Cape Cod fishing excursion. Whether you want a guide to help you out on the waters or charter your own boat, fishing is a fantastic way to spend some time out on the water during your Hyannis vacation.
- Hy-Lines Deep Sea Fishing
- Helen H
- Cape Shores Charter Fishing Report
- Cape Cod Bay Charters
- Fishing Charters – Hyannis Harbor
- Capt. John Boats Fishing
There are so many Cape Cod attractions and things to do around Hyannis that make this region the perfect destination for a getaway or family vacation. Start planning your escape to the Cape by viewing our accommodations.