When you begin your search for Cape Cod hotels in Hyannis, MA, check below for some of our most frequently asked questions and answers. If your question is not included, please feel free to contact us.
Is it cheaper to book online directly with our motel?
- Yes, you will find a number of special deals that are cheaper than the third party online booking sites. You can save a minimum of 10% per night or 15% per night on extended stays by booking directly with us.
Are the prices quoted per room or per person?
- The prices quoted both online and in person are always per room.
Do children stay for free? (Please note: two children only per room)
- Yes, children up to the age of 14 stay for free (accompanied by an adult).
What is the difference between a Standard room and a Harborview room?
- The decor is the same, but the Harborview rooms have views of Hyannis harbor and are located on the upper floor.
What is the difference between a double room and a king room?
- A double room has two full-size double beds, whereas a king room has one king bed.
Do you have adjoining rooms?
- Yes. If you require adjoining rooms, please request them when making your reservations since we have a limited number of the adjoining rooms, all subject to availability and room types.
Do the bathrooms have baths or showers?
- All of our rooms have both a shower and bathtub combination.
How many floors does the motel have?
- The motel has two floors in all.
Are there car parking spaces or a car park?
- Yes, we provide FREE on-site parking for our registered guest during their stay. If requiring island ferry parking which is subject to availability and island ferry parking rates are subject to change without notice. Please contact the motel for more information on our parking policies.
Is there an age requirement to stay at the motel?
- Yes, we require at least one guest in the room to be 21 years of age or older in order to stay with us. Guests under the age of 21 can only check in with a parent or official guardian. You must show a valid photo ID and credit card upon check-in.
When is your Front Desk/Office open?
- Our Office-Reception service is available from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm. Our office closes at 11 pm; please let us know if you will be arriving after 11 pm, you must make prior arrangements with us for a late arrival since our office closes at 11:00 pm.
When is Check-in and Check-out time?
- Check-in time is any time after 4:00 pm and check-out time is any time before 11:00 am
Do offer pre-registration on the day of your scheduled arrival?
- We do offer pre-registration on the day of your scheduled arrival, please pre-register at our front office in the morning and be sure to give us your cell phone number. Once we are notified from our housekeepers that your room is ready, we will call you on your cell phone to let you know that your room is ready, all you must do is stop by our front office to pick-up your room key. We do not guarantee early check-in.
Do you have a swimming pool?
- Yes, we have two swimming pools: A heated indoor pool and an outdoor pool with sun deck. For your safety and enjoyment, please review our swimming pool rules prior to swimming. Pool hours are from 9 am. to 9 pm. Pools are not open simultaneously and will alternate depending on the time of day, season, and weather conditions.
How close are you to the island ferries that go to Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard Islands?
- We are just steps away directly across the street from Hy-line Cruises island ferries and we are just a four-minute walk to the Steamship Authority island ferries
How close are the beaches from the motel?
- We have several beaches nearby! Kalmus Park, Veterans Park, and Keyes Beach are approximately half a mile away. Craigville Beach, “the most popular,” is less than a 10-minute drive, approximately five miles away.
Do you allow pets?
- Unfortunately, we are not a pet-friendly property. Sorry, no pets are allowed at the Hyannis Holiday Motel due to allergy concerns. There are several pet boarding companies on Cape Cod.
Do you allow smoking in your rooms?
- We are proud to be a 100% non-smoking motel. We do not allow smoking in our rooms yet it is allowed outdoors only in common areas.
Do you have hair dryers?
- Yes, our rooms do have hair dryers.
Do you offer Internet connection?
- Yes, a wireless internet connection is available throughout the motel. The guest rooms feature WiFi connectivity; just request our WiFi password at our front desk.
Which is the nearest airport?
- The nearest airport is the Barnstable Municipal Airport is 1 mile away. Boston Logan International Airport is 75 miles away and T. F. Green Airport (Providence, RI) is 85 miles away.
How close is the bus and train station from the motel?
- We are approximately three blocks from the Hyannis Transportation Center for both buses and train. You have Plymouth & Brockton bus lines providing service to/from Boston and Hyannis and Bonanza bus lines providing service to/from New York, Providence, and Hyannis. The CapeFlyer train is a passenger rail service in Massachusetts between Boston and Cape Cod during the in-season periods.
Can I rent a car nearby?
- Yes, you can rent a car at the local car-rental specialists which are located 1 mile away at the Barnstable Municipal Airport
Is breakfast included in the price?
- Yes, a complimentary limited Breakfast is offered to all guests staying at the motel. The breakfast includes freshly brewed and decaf coffee, tea, orange juice, cereals, milk, assorted pastry danish, muffins or crumb cakes.
What time is breakfast served?
- Breakfast is served from 7 am to 9:30 am, every morning.
Is it possible to have an extra bed such as a rollaway bed/cot in the room? If so, at what price?
- Yes, rollaway bed/cots are available at an additional cost of $10 per night.
When do I need to pay for accommodations?
- 100 percent of the first night including tax for each room reserved will be charged any time after booking your reservation with a valid credit card. Full Payment of any outstanding balance is made when you check in.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Our cancellation policy is 4 days prior to the date of arrival in order to get a full refund of your deposit. Please note that special group rates or reservations booked through an OTA or a third party are subject to different cancellation policies. Please consult your reservation confirmation to verify your specific cancellation policy
Can I pay by credit card?
- Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards.
Do you have a restaurant?
- No, but there are several nice waterfront restaurants within 200 feet from motel just a short walk.
How many people can stay in one of your guest rooms?
- Our rooms with two double beds sleep 4 people comfortably. Our rooms with one king size bed sleep 2 comfortably, if needing a Cot an additional cost $10 per night. Maximum occupancy in our guest rooms is 4 persons per the Town of Barnstable Fire Code.
Does the hotel have a shuttle to nearby attractions?
- No, we currently do not offer a shuttle service. We are happy to call a taxi to take you to local attractions if you would like. There are also Uber and Lyft ride services available in the area
What city is Cape Cod in?
- Cape Cod incorporates all of Barnstable County, which comprises of 15 towns: Bourne, Sandwich, Falmouth, Mashpee, Barnstable, Yarmouth, Harwich, Dennis, Brewster, Chatham, Orleans, Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro, and Provincetown.
How did Cape Cod get its name?
- English lawyer, explorer, and privateer Bartholomew Gosnold came up with the name Cape Cod because of the bountiful codfish in the waters.
How Cape Cod was formed?
- The surficial geology of Cape Cod and the islands were formed by the Laurentide continental ice sheet. Glacial deposits 60 to 180 meters thick bury the bedrock of Cape Cod. The deposits are shaped mainly into ice-thrust moraines and outwash plains.